Happy Monday! Yesterday was National Kissing Day! Did you lock lips with anyone? If you did, you might not have realised that you were getting a whole lot of benefits other than intimacy with a loved one! Kissing has all sorts of physical and mental health benefits, including the following:
1) It’s a great way to turn a bad day around! Puckering up releases a cocktail of hormones that will lower your stress and anxiety levels and help you to feel relaxed and happy.
2) It can get rid of headaches! Kissing makes your blood vessels dilate, which can help to relieve aches and pains, as well as lower your blood pressure. Or maybe it’s just that the kissing takes your mind off it!
3) It burns calories! Kissing can burn two to three calories per minute. Whoever said exercise has to be hard work?
4) It tones your facial muscles! You’ve probably heard how it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. How many does it take to kiss? We don’t know, but we do know that kissing helps give your neck and jaw muscles a great workout!
5) It may ease allergies! According to a study in Japan, kissing for half an hour can lower your body’s production of histamine, the chemical that triggers your running nose and streaming eyes. And if you have someone who wants to kiss you while you’re in the middle of a hay fever attack, you know you’ve got a keeper!
So, if you missed National Kissing Day, show your special someone this list and have a late celebration together!