This warm summer weather is great for BBQs and family fun, with everyone in good spirits and enjoying the fresh air – but it’s not always that great when it comes to bedtime…
It can be a struggle to fall asleep in the summer, so we’ve come up with a few ideas to help you get a good night’s kip in the heat:
- Keep your curtains and blinds closed in the day to stop the sunshine getting in, keeping your room cool for bedtime
- Try not to eat or drink alcohol too late as this can make it difficult to get to sleep
- Avoid getting sunburnt as it’ll make sleeping an even more difficult task
- Take a cool shower before bed – be careful not to go too cold though!
- Use cotton sheets to let the air circulate.
- Open your window to let the fresh air in – if it’s too loud to sleep with the window open, invest in some earplugs.
- Stick a fan on to circulate the air in your bedroom.
- Get a thin, low-tog duvet to stop you from overheating.
- Get a nice, cooling mattress - one that wicks moisture away from the body will help to regulate your temperate.
- Try to lie still so you don’t create additional heat.
- Wear cotton PJs to let your skin breathe and keep you cool.
- Turn over your pillow half way through the night to benefit from the cool side.
- Keep a glass of water by your bedside in case you wake up thirsty.
For advice on what sheets, duvets and mattresses to get for a great night’s sleep,
get in touch with the team at Mattressman – our sleep experts will be more than happy to help in-store and online.